A fabulous , prickly project which involves several needle felting techniques including a soft sculpture base, using a wooden skewer to create perfect shapes, and letting your creativity run wild with the vibrant flowers the cacti produce. Adding the spikes is a soothing and therapeutic process in which they can be added randomly or, if you love a bit of symmetry, placed in straight lines down each cactus arm.
Please choose your preferred colour from the drop down menu; the light blue/green cactus is based on my favourite cactus, the PILOSOCEREUS
As always, I spend a lot of time during the design process, creating projects I know you will love whilst carefully choosing the wool and fibres to suit the finished piece.
CONTENTS – Makes two cacti. Supplied in a lovely, sturdy eco box, perfect for storing your wool or for gifting.
Approximate finished size: 15cm x 11cm
- Written instructions and full colour, step by step photographs
- Core wool for the base
- Moss green carded wool bat
- White carded lengths
- Green or blue/green carded lengths (choose from drop down menu)
- Peach and yellow wool tops for the flowers of the blue cactus or, peach plant dyed yarn for the flowers of the green cactus
- Bright white wool top for the spikes
- 2 x terracotta pots 4cm x 5cm
- Wooden skewer
Please note that wool colours will vary from screen to screen. There will also be slight variations due to the natural dyeing process and availability.
These are for display purposes only and are not toys. Please keep away from children and pets due to sharp needles and loose fibres